Let's do this thing called "life" together.



Monday, November 29, 2010

The Top 10 Things I love about Winter

As my mom and I were watching my kids play outside the other day, we were talking about how quickly Christmas is coming. I said, "well at least winter is going by fast." She looked at me and said sypathetically, "winter doesn't start until December 21st." To that, I replied with a disappointed "oh". Don't get me wrong, I am glad I live in an area with 4 seasons but to be honest, I just wish winter was a little shorter....like 3 months shorter.

I realize that I am going about winter all wrong. I know if I have a bad attitude to begin with all those nasty wintry days will only make it worse. So I've decided to look at the positive side of winter and share with you my top 10 things a love about it.

10. It is soup season. (Chili, chicken and noodles, homemade veggie soup...the list could go on and on.)
9. Hot chocolate. (when we are done playing outside in the snow...my kids just expect it now)
8. Sweater weather. (I hate coats but I LOVE my sweaters!)
7. Christmas decorations.
6. Christmas plays and musicals. (I secretly cry every time.)
5. Christmas music. (ONLY after Thanksgiving)
4. Snowball fights with my husband.
3. Sledding with my kids on our little barn hill.
2. Family get-togethers.
1. AND the number one thing that I love most about Christmas is..................................................................... when it is over!

I had to say it!  



Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment