Let's do this thing called "life" together.



Friday, November 19, 2010

Fun Friday!

If you are just joining us, Friday's blog is a fun and interactive way to get you all involved! I will share a recipe or tip of some sorts and ask you a question that you can answer by posting in the comment section below. This only works if you join in on the fun....so let's get started!

This week's recipe is a guaranteed crowd pleaser! I am including it in today's blog because it is perfect for munching on at your Thanksgiving parties. WARNING: if you bring this to a get-together you will be expected to bring it every year!

Carmel Puffed Corn

1 bag of puffed corn (original)
1/2 c. butter
1c. brown sugar
1/2 c. light corn syrup
1 tsp baking soda

Spray large roasting pan (I use two 9x13 casserole dishes) with cooking spray.
In a saucepan melt butter, sugar and corn syrup and bring to a boil.
When it starts to boil add baking soda.
Boil mixture for two minutes (will get foamy).
Pour over puffs and stir until puffs are coated evenly.
Bake @ 250 degrees for 45 minutes stirring every 10 minutes.
When the puffs are done baking, take out of pan and pour onto a large, clean surface. Break apart puffs immediately to avoid large clumps.
Store in an airtight container.

Ok, so here's your question:  This year has flown by like crazy! I can't believe Thanksgiving is almost here already! What is one thing you are thankful for that has happened this past year. Be specific too, none of the "my family, my friends, my dog" stuff. Let's get real with each other.

I am thankful that we survived 2 months of no income what-so-ever. My husband had been laid off for a year and a half when the government voted to end extensions for unemployment. We went 2 months living on what we had saved which wasn't much. But we made it! From people making a meal for us to being able to eat from our garden, God provided the entire time!  Brad found a job at the end of July and we feel like we have learned and grown so much over this past year.


Happy Thanksgiving!



Until next time...

5 comments:

  1. Yay, I've been wanting this recipe! And, praise God that you made it through that tough time and that God provided a job for Brad!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many things to be thankful for on so many levels. I am so glad we got to go to California to visit our daughter, grandson and son-in-law at Ft. Irwin. Grandson's first bday is today. Really miss them and my other daughter and her husband who moved close to San Francisco just recently. Thankfully, God is at work in all of that too, in ways I am totally in awe of. lol God loves them even when they don't love Him. PTL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thankful that I have two talented daughters. Sara with her writing and being a great cook and Allison with her music. Both of you are great moms also. I thank God every day that he gave me the best daughters in the world. Love you lots, MOM.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all let me say, AWWWWWW to Mom! Thanks Mom! Love you too!
    Second let me say, I am probably the only person in the world who doesn't eay Sara's puffed corn. I will however dig into a piping hot pizza dip! Yum-o!
    Lastly, I am endlessly thankful for my son, Luke! We were blessed with the most handsome, sweet, funny baby boy on 5-5-10. Everyday I find I love him more and more, how that is even possible I will never understand! God knows we have tough days, but God also knows that one smile from this little bundle of joy can erase a world of stress and frustration. I am also thankful for the amazing family I have that has given me (us) unending support and love and guidance. Thanks guys for who you are!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Anonymous for your love! That means a lot to me. I love you lots right back.

    Alli, you are a great mommy. You and Lukey and Jeffy mean so much to me. I love you guys so much!

    ReplyDelete