Let's do this thing called "life" together.



Saturday, September 3, 2011

Book Corner

I love to read. As a mom of 4 kids, reading allows me to rest and recoup (even if it is only 15 minutes a day).  I am a fiction girl through and through but I will pick up a good "how to" every once in awhile. Book Corner is my way of sharing my love of reading with you. I will review a book and let you know what I think just in case you are looking for a good book to read. I would love to hear your comments and reviews also, so please take advantage of the comment section below the post and tell me (and blog world) what you think!


The first book I've chosen to review is a children's book called Gabby, God's Little Angel written by Sheila Walsh and illustrated by Marina Fedotova.

Gabby, God's Little Angel


This was a very sweet book that has several pieces of biblical truth throughout the whole book. It is centered on Psalm 91:11 "He has put his angles in charge of you. They will watch over you wherever you go."

Gabby, an angel in training has been sent to watch over Sophie; an adventurous girl who needs a lot of protection. Gabby quickly finds out just how hard it is to be a guardian angel when Sophie goes horseback riding. After a close call, Sophie is thankful that God loves her so much that he sent an angel to watch over her.

This book is very well written. I love how Sheila Walsh (author) reveals Gabby's fun-loving personality through the written word. She talks just like my daughter does when she is excited. Gabby is sweet and innocent and a joy to read about. I think my favorite part of the book is it's illustrations. The details are amazing! Gabby truly is a doll in her gold dress and rosy red cheeks. My daughter and I loved flipping through the pages taking in the beautiful drawings.

I would definitely recommend this book for little ones. It would be a wonderful addition to any home library.

Enjoy!

Please note that I was given this book for free in order to review it.

No comments:

Post a Comment